How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100391
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend who received a Notice Demanding Possession.

Customer Question

I have a friend who received a Notice Demanding Possession.
Can he appeal the judgement, and does this stop enforcement?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Mortgage default action commenced in November 2015. The defendant was ill and his lawyer attended court to adjourn but judgement was issued for possession. The Notice states that my friend must vacate by May 18. What can be done to stop this action?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
There is no possibility of your friend appealing the judgment at this late date.If your friend can pay off the full mortgage then it may be possible to convince the bank to allow him to do so and stay but he would also have to pay for all the costs they incurred in bringing the action so he will owe a fair amount more than the outstanding mortgage. I am sorry about that.

Related Canada Law Questions