How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99972
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was working client the last two years but didn't realize

Customer Question

I was working for a client the last two years but didn't realize that his daughter-in-law, who does the payrow, wasn't paying me for 10 extra hours that I work a week .Is there any way I can get the monies I'am owed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Are they refusing to pay this to you now?Are you still working for this employer?What province is this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes they are or rather they will not respond when I call them . No I am not working for them now and they gave me no notice or pay instead of notice. This is Newfoundland Canada
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear this.I suggest that what you do is send them a letter by registered mail. In the letter set out the facts. Give them a very short deadline for paying you in full and tell them if they fail to comply you will commence legal proceedings. You can then sue them in small claims court and self-represent. You will be able to claim the money that you are owed, interest and your costs. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on the site again and I can assist you further.

Related Canada Law Questions