How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100428
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have been issued a Power of Sale. Is there any action that

Customer Question

We have been issued a Power of Sale. Is there any action that we can take to postpone proceedings to allow us time to sell the property ourselves?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
What province are you in please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
In Ontario you have the right to redeem the property up until the time the house is actually sold. This means that you have to pay off all the money owing. So, if you can refinance that would work. You also have a right to try and sell the house but this will not give you the right to delay the bank from selling the house.let me know if you need any further clarification.

Related Canada Law Questions