How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pearl, I used one credit card that I found around the vicinity

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I used one credit card that I found around the vicinity of my work place. I was now facing 3 criminal charges, fraud, theft and misuse of credit card. My legal counsel asked to write letter of remorse but have no idea how to start or make one. This was my first offence. Let me tell you a brief story the time I got arrested. The arrest happened in my work place. They searched and found stash of drugs in my pockets. I come with the police officers in good behaviour. They asked me some questions on our way to the police station. I gave them honest answers. In the police station, they asked me to dial and talk to legal counsel before interrogation. I did and I tried but lines were all busy and I was so scared and honestly don't know what to do. One officer come to me and asked what taking so long. I got scared and decided to proceed to questioning without consulting any legal counsel. I admitted my using credit card and to where i used the money. Some to pay my debt, some went to my mom to pay her own debt and some went to buy drugs. They release me after. After few days I went back to the police station and returned some bike parts and laptop I purchased using the stolen credit card. I am married and a father of 2, an 8 year old boy and a 10 month old. I was the only one working, my wife is on maternity leave. I support my mom and send her money every month. I also send my niece to school back home. Without my support she cannot go to school. I am facing some jail time and a possible deportation. We don't have a single relative here, I'm 100% sure my wife and my children can make it here without me.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: pay back the bank, gather character reference letter, make apology letter addressed to judge
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: he knows everything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.
What exactly is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you write me a letter of remorse to the judge please? I needed that in tomorrow.
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.
I cannot write a letter of remorse for you. If you accept the call request we can discuss over the phone what types of things should be in the letter to assist in your sentencing, but legally and practically I cannot draft the letter for you.

Related Canada Law Questions