How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100416
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my company make me pay back vacation pay they say they

Customer Question

Can my company make me pay back vacation pay they say they over paid me for the last 2 years?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Yes. It is likely that they can. If they paid you this in error then unfortunately you do owe this money.If this went to court it is likely the court would give you time to pay this back as you did not receive it in a lump sum but it is likely would be ordered to pay them back because employees cannot keep money paid to them in error.I'm sorry that is not the answer you were hoping for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that was very helpful
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome.If we are done please rate me before you leave the site. I cannot get credit for my work until you do.

Related Canada Law Questions