How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had had shared custody , but recently after

Customer Question

Hi, I had had shared custody for years, but recently after a major fight with the father girlfriend last Friday, the father told me he is giving up his custody and let me take full responsibility
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: However, he changed his mind last night
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: yes, my son is 9 and he want to stay with me
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: but a trial will take too long
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this.Is there an order or agreement?And are you saying the father now wants him back he doesn't want to go because of the fight with the girlfriend. Does she live there? If so when did she start living there?