How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tom, My sister has just found out her business partner

Customer Question

HI Tom, My sister has just found out her business partner did not pay a HST bill from 2014. Due to unsafe circumstances with my sister left the country for a year and has relocated on the other side of the country. She has come back to a horrible mess as her business partner even went to her house and removed personal property and sold all the business assets and left the city as well. My sister has come home to thousands of dollars owing to CRA when the bills were supposed to be paid and they were discussed and agreed upon to be paid and that is why my sister left when she did—thinking everything was in order for her to leave. She is dealing with CRA but we have assumed the other partner will not be helping to pay any other of these outstanding bills what do you recommend. Yes, it's a mess!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Tom has not been on this site for a long time. Would you like for me to go ahead?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, we would like to continue. However, can you please give me your name and do I have the option to "verify"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** on this site. You can check my profile here: site has verified me but there is no way for you to do so.Let me know if I should still go ahead.

Related Canada Law Questions