How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having difficulty obtaining record of my child's (6) behaviour

Customer Question

I am having difficulty obtaining record of my child's (6) behaviour that was being recorded by Ontario classroom teacher employed by the DSBN (agreed upon by myself and classroom teacher) for the purpose of communicating her behaviour trends and incidents. We are currently seeking help from many avenues (mental health care institution, Occupational therapist, family doctor, psychologist and psychiatrist) to try to establish root cause, triggers and useful strategies to improve her ability to behave in a manner more conducive to her reaching her potential for success. The principal has told me that the information is solely the 'opinion' of the classroom teacher and is not to be shared with me. When pressed on this issue, principal claimed it was 'school board property' to which I have no right to access. It is my contention that under freedom of information statute I, as parent of a minor student have an absolute right to any and all personal information compiled, obtained or recorded regarding my child, as long as personal information of another party is not disclosed in the process. Please help me help my daughter get the help she needs.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
How old is your daughter?Is information being put into a report that is going into your daughter's Ontario Student Record?

Related Canada Law Questions