How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101421
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have court today in alberta bc, and i missed my flight last

Customer Question

I have court today in alberta bc, and i missed my flight last night im from bc.. i was wondering if i can call a lawyer and get.them to go in for me & ask for a different court date.
Submitted: 1 year ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I tried answering on the other post but the question is a bit different here so please review both answers. Yes you can retain a lawyer and have the lawyer attend for you and explain what happened.The lawyer will be able to get an adjournment based on this information.But it is not going to be easy to find a lawyer at the last minute. You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.The number is(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.