How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99931
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am e-filing T6, T2 form to stop landlord from continuing

Customer Question

I am e-filing T6, T2 form to stop landlord from continuing to do upgrades to my apartment until I and my son ( on ODSP for mental illness, unable to cope with all commotion involved in these upgrades) move. I had already given proper notice to vacate. Work order on April 11, stated to "make holes in walls". Was assured via e mail it would only be a "few small holes". Came home from work to fine hall ceiling and most of kitchen and bedrooms removed. My air was near unbreatheable (I have bad asthma). My son had to leave and wandered around streets for 8 hours. Have since denied entry to workmen. Came home today to find that police had been there and told my son that he had to let them in. Confused, he did. Can police intervene like that in these matters? Sorta makes filing useless. Can I refuse tomorrow?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
The police have no reason to get involved. I am surprised that they would as this is a civil matter. You can stay home tomorrow and if the police are brought in say that this is already before the courts/board and the landlord doesn't have the right to do this to your home at least until a decision is handed down.

Related Canada Law Questions