How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100366
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Ontario is it possible to legally disown a child (age

Customer Question

Hi, in Ontario is it possible to legally disown a child (age 7)?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My ex-husband has initiated court proceedings in Ontario to get sole custody and more child support. I am living in HK. We have a court date for Apr 21 and I am exploring what my option are. I don't have a lawyer representing me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $39 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
No that is not possible. Regardless of your relationship with your child you are financially responsible for your child. And the law is clear that you have to pay child support no matter what you want to do in terms of the child.I am sorry you are in this difficult situation.

Related Canada Law Questions