How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I, along with my common-law husband, own a house together.

Customer Question

I, along with my common-law husband, own a house together. My 18 yr old daughter has moved back in with us as her father has recently passed away. She is in school part-time and works part-time. I have asked my partner to leave the house because they don't get along and I am concerned for her emotional well-being. She is extremely depressed. My partner says that my daughter will have to pay him rent if she's living here and he has to move out. I would like to know what my legal grounds are. She is living with me because she cannot afford to live anywhere else and I am her mother.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying you are both on title to the house?