Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was taken to court in November i just reserved my pay out

Customer Question

i was taken to court in November i just reserved my pay out papers in them it sates that i have not made any payments for the last 2 years. i have poof that i made payments up till august of 2015. is there a way to stop this foreclosure from happening or what are my rights
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You can prevent the foreclosure by bringing your mortgage into good standing. But what that may mean at this point is paying off the entire mortgage. So to stop the foreclosure your best approach would be to obtain alternative financing. If you can get a mortgage from another financing company or bank or private lender then you can stop the foreclosure.Be sure that you can prove that your mortgage not been in outstanding for all of these years and you very well may be able to succeed.