Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

How long you have to squat before you can adverse possen?

Customer Question

how long you have to squat before you can adverse possen?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
The answer depends on your province and the land registry system and the facts.So please let me know what your province is and if you know your land registry system please also let me know which system you're under. Then please provide me with all the facts. In particular I need to know if you are on the land with permission, whether you have occupied the land continuously, openly and exclusively.Once I get all this information then I'll be able to answer you more meaningfully.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its montreal quebec
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I don't see the answer to my other questions but in any event the law in Quebec is different than in the rest of the country and I am not in Quebec so I have to opt out.