How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101005
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: My question

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: My question is i want to know if i want to renew my house mortgage n want to refinance so the banker ask my third party to bring in some documents he refused to provide info. N he said. I wont be siging any renewal papers in this case what can i do please
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: K
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the third party doesnt signs n if i have to give the part of share n. The third. Party never paid any bills n aby mortgage can i get those deducted n give part of share
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
N if the third party is married but got separated n lives in same house does he has to give part of share aswell
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
There are too many typos and I am not quite sure of the facts or what you are saying. Are you saying that the original guarantor of the mortgage will not provide the bank with the documents they need and so they won't allow this person to guarantee your mortgage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the third person in mortgage say its my dad n me n my partner are first 2
N we want to renew our mortgage n we also want to refinance so the bank asked him to provide hes income
So he said i will not provide income i said we need. Renew our mortgage
He said i will not sign the renewal either
What can be done in this case
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not about to allow the person to guarantee its about for him to renew the mortgage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We just wanted to known if the person doesnt wants to sign renewal of mortgage what can i do regarding this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Is his name on title to the house?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
If his name is ***** ***** to the house then you can tell him that if he refuses to sign the mortgage you may lose the house and will sue him if you suffer damages because of his position. If he doesn't want to renew the mortgage then he should agree to have his name removed from the title to that you can protect your interests without him. Do you see what I mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes if i try to give him hes share for example n ge didnt pay mortgage and no bills since i bought this house
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
N hes married so he has to give my mom part of share her name is ***** ***** title but when we purchased this house lawyer. Got her to sign consent form. For allowing him to purchase n get the amount of loan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i or give him hes share. N how can i get all the years of mortgage n bills i paid from hes share n get him to get my mom her share recently he separated everthing with my mom n he kives in the same house with me n my mom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can i get all years of mortgage i paid he didnt pay single penny can i get it deducted from ges share
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
If you and he cannot come to an agreement about this you can bring an application to the court for an order of the sale of the home. The court may allow you to buy the home if the house is going to be sold. At the same time you are in court you can ask the court to make an order specifying how much of the home each of you are entitled to, and you will be entitled to a greater share because of all of the additional payments you have made.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. If you feel we are done then please rate me so that I can receive credit for my work. Thanks