How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100383
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We wish to close an apartment building which we own. wewish

Customer Question

we wish to close an apartment building which we own. wewish to vacate all of the units (8 nits) we do not wish to sell the property.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
What province is this please?Are there any tenants on fixed term leases?Are you going to renovate the building?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for reply.
Province of Ontario.
One tenant on fixed term lease which expires September 30, 2016.
Possibly going to renovate the building.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You need grounds to evict the tenants. And you cannot evict that one tenant until after September 30. It is grounds if you want to renovate and need a permit to do so or you want to convert it to another use. Here is a link to the Notice you will need to provide: Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Related Canada Law Questions