How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100942
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does OPT qualify an under 25 son as a dependent child on immigration

Customer Question

does OPT qualify an under 25 son as a dependent child on immigration application though investment (Quebec)?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Unfortunately, it does not. The "child" has to be under 21 and unmarried to receive a derivative benefit in that regard. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Just to clarify we are talking about Canadian immigration rules. for permanent residence received on December 12, 2013 (my date of birth is 25 march 1992=21 year old at the time?)
-processing your application on June 20,2014
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Then I will opt out and transfer your question to the Canadian law forum. My apologies. No need to respond now as it could delay the transfer process. Thank you.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but what does OPT stand for? I am not familiar with that acronym?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
But that is not about Canada Immigration. That is about US Immigration. Are you asking about immigrating to Canada and if so please just give me the basic facts and then your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the immigration to Canada through investment. Apparently, in order for me to be the dependent child on the application, I need to remain full time student. I wanted told double check that. Please let me know if that's still not clear and I can expand on that.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Yes you do need to be a full time student as you need to have been dependent on the applicant for support because of your attendance at school and this has to have been the case for at least a year before the application was started. You cannot start school now so you can be part of the application.