My status are going to expire this month of april but ihave…

Customer Question
my status are going to...
my status are going to expire this month of april but ihave already apply my extenssion of my work permit and i have also an application of permanent residency and i already recieve an email that my application is in place into processing on CIC my question is can i stay and work to my present employer even with out valid work permit?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
4/4/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
You have what is called implied status. That means that until you get a decision, because you applied for the extension while you still had status, you can remain in Canada and can still work.Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Debra, Lawyer