How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100046
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a car dealership in saskatchewan. I have a customer

Customer Question

I own a car dealership in saskatchewan. I have a customer w ho had work done to a vehicle more than a year ago. He hasn't paid for the work, and has not contacted me or picked up the car. I registered a lien, and would like to get rid of the car, as it is wasting valuable space on my lot. Can I go ahead and sell the vehicle? What is the protocol I need to follow?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried to contact him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes....he has left the area. He was sent a letter from isc when the lien was registered.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Here are the provisions of the Act that tell you exactly what you need to do: Before the sale, the garage keeper shall:(a) deliver to the administrator:(i) notice of the intended sale;(ii) a statutory declaration in a form provided by the administratordeclaring the amount secured by the lien mentioned in subsection (2);and(iii) a search result respecting the motor vehicle from the registry,within the meaning ofThe Personal Property Security Act, 1993,with a currency date of not more than 15 days before the date of thedelivery to the administrator of the notice, statutory declarationand search result; and(b) insert in the Gazette and in a newspaper circulating in the localityin which the vehicle was impounded two weeks before the sale a notice ofthe intended sale stating:(i) the name, if known, of the owner of the motor vehicle to be sold;(ii) a general description of the vehicle, including the serial number;(iii) the time and place of the sale; and(iv) thename of the auctioneer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This information was not helpful. I have already found all this online. I require a simplified, step by step response. Who is the administrator??
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
It would be the Saskatchewan Personal Property Registry Administrator. Here is the contact information: Fax:Email:Mail:(306)***@******.*** - 1st AvenueRegina, SK, S4R 8H2 But why not call a customer support representative at the SPPR tomorrow and they can discuss this with you or you can email them as well: Customer SupportCall: 1-***-***-****Email:***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have spoken with isc. They referred me to the court house, who told me to read the personal property act, which was not at all helpful. So again, you have disappointed me with your response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know in simple English how to deal with this. I told you earlier, we have already registered a commercial lien.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out as I don't believe you are going to be satisfied with anything I say.

Related Canada Law Questions