How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101042
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My gf is coming to canada as a tourist aso I would like

Customer Question

Hi my gf is coming to canada as a tourist aso I would like to know if I get married with her in canada during her visit she can stay in canada with me or she has to go back to her country while paperwork?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
If you are going to sponsor her as your spouse then if she is here and you get married and you start the paperwork at once she can remain in Canada and with the new laws she can even apply for an open work permit. Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I sponsor my wife if my only income is ODSP?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
For a spousal sponsorship you do not need to prove that you meet the low income cut-off. So while you will have to sign a financial undertaking you will not be denied your right to sponsor your spouse.