Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My gf is coming to canada as a tourist aso I would like

Customer Question

Hi my gf is coming to canada as a tourist aso I would like to know if I get married with her in canada during her visit she can stay in canada with me or she has to go back to her country while paperwork?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
If you are going to sponsor her as your spouse then if she is here and you get married and you start the paperwork at once she can remain in Canada and with the new laws she can even apply for an open work permit. Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I sponsor my wife if my only income is ODSP?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
For a spousal sponsorship you do not need to prove that you meet the low income cut-off. So while you will have to sign a financial undertaking you will not be denied your right to sponsor your spouse.