How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owe cc a considerable amount of money, but due to my

Customer Question

I owe cc a considerable amount of money, but due to my current age and low income, credit counsellors suggested I make no further payments to my creditors and send them a list of my income and expenses, which I did. However, they have discovered that the home I live in, which doesn't "morally" belong to me, has my name on title. The owner, who is my son, and I transferred the title into my name for tax purposes. Now, the cc companies may be looking at placing a lien on the home. What to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

When you say your son placed your name on title for tax purposes what do you mean?

Who lives in the home?