Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was the person in charge of the movement of finances

Customer Question

I was the person in charge of the movement of finances within a small company and was the victim of a fraud whereby I was requested to send several transfers of large amounts of money to a source I thought was legitiment. I had no help from my immediate superior who was unapproachable. This money almost bankrupted the company and I was fired. I was investigated by the police and proven innocent of wrong doing. However I did not receive any severance and was told I could be sued by the company. No one seems interested in my problem.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  fedcrimlawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Specifically, what is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
specifically I need to know what my next step is and where and how do I find help.

I'm sorry, I just noticed that this is a question under Canadian law. I will need to opt out and allow a Canadian lawyer assist you.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What province are you in please?

Does the employer believe you were negligent or guilty of malfeasance?

Who requested you send this money?

How much money is involved?

How were you supposed to know when you could send money like this or not? In other words were you simply supposed to send money when asked by certain people or how did this work?