How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101391
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My common law husband recently passed we purchased a ferrari

Customer Question

my common law husband recently passed we purchased a ferrari threw his work his parents own dealership also he my husband works . took loan to purchase vechile now sitting at his father home in garage can i take ownership of vechile evn if paper work ownership from dealship evnethough i have outstanding loan on the vechile
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What province is this please?

I am not sure of the facts. There may be some typos is in your post.

Whose name is ***** ***** registration papers?

Who is paying for the car? Are you on the loan? If so have you been making the payments and to whom are the payments going?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sevenview Chrysler dealership
Myself and husband
I'm on the loan it's is from Bmo bank credit line
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I make monthly payments on the
Loan but we take line of credit but my husband parents are saying they own vechile but I'm on the loan for the Ferrari
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

So they are saying they own the car as their name is ***** *****?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

So they believe that they should hold onto the car and not let you have it because their son died but at the same time they want you to continue to make the loan payments?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because they put under company they feel they own it when in fact I pay for it also it is at father house in garage and wants me to pay for storage of 100 thousand for keeping at his place but no contract or anything of paper trail crazy or what
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

They are being terrible bullies and a court would not allow this.

The agreement is that is it you car, in their name, or at least it was your and your spouse's car. They cannot say it is their car, you cannot drive it, must pay for it and for storage!

So you need to have a lawyer send them a letter at once asserting your rights, demanding that they transfer title to you and release the car and threaten a lawsuit.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-####(within the GTA)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all the advice it means a lot to me that I'm not in the wrong to take back what my belated husband had and wanted me to make sure I have have a great day
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You too.

I am sorry for your loss and for this terrible situation.