How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101375
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wondering about our family cabin that was willed to us

Customer Question

I am wondering about our family cabin that was willed to us by our parents who have passed away. Four siblings share the cabin. One wishes to be bought out. the others do not want to sell or buy their quarter. Stemming from this is the one wanting to sell not wanting part in maintenance and repairs. Fixing the roof, necessary repairs, not optional. How can this be handled or can the person be forced to pay.............i
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
It is possible that you can sue the fourth person to get them to help maintain the cottage. However, at the same time it is very possible that this fourth person can obtain a court order from the court successfully for the sale of the cottage m. So, it may be best to simply do what you can to go buy this person out before this person is does start to get a court order for the sale of the cottage.I am very sorry that this is clearly not the answer you were hoping to hear but it is the most accurate and practical and realistic answered based on your facts.