How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99918
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please help I applied newborn sons passport, who is born in

Customer Question

please help
I applied for my newborn sons passport, who is born in Canada. I, as a mother, am the applicant. My cousin was my guarantor and he signed the husband booked a trip and we were in rush to get our sons passport done soon as possiible. With a newborn baby and no help i am very busy mom with a trip comming up.We made baby photos and took them to passport office when i realized that guarantor has to sign them. I made a mistake and i sign the photos as my cousin because i didnt have time to trace my cousin and needed passport urgently.When passport officer called my cousin he sad that he did singed the application and not the photos. they called me and asked for statement. i wrote the statement and i was telling them the truth of what happened with my huge apologizes. what can happen to me and my sons passport now? i realized a mistake i made and i dont know how to fix it. please giv e m e an advice. thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, you committed an offence and it is possible that you will be charged.

At the same time given the facts and that you have shown remorse they may just give you a warning.

There is no reason for them to withhold the passport as this is for your son and he didn't do anything wrong of course.

So you will have to wait and see what happens but they may let this go.

Related Canada Law Questions