How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have several problems with my tenant who is the only one

Customer Question

I have several problems with my tenant who is the only one on the lease. Since September 2015 several rent cheques have been returned NSF and currently two months rent is owing. In addition, although I rented to a single person her husband, who was working out of town, has now moved in with their dog and although she told me it was a temporary arrangement, it now appears permanent.
I am a widowed senior and this situation very stressful and it is affecting my health. Even if they do pay the rent owed, I no longer want to rent out my basement suite and will use it as a guest suite for visiting family. Please can you give me some idea on how to proceed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is this a fixed term lease?

Related Canada Law Questions