How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters boyfriend who is homeless and has only a small

Customer Question

My daughters boyfriend who is homeless and has only a small amount of income from Alberta works has just recently moved into my home. What kind of cohabitation agreement should we have in order to protect us from him possibly claiming part ownership of my property. He provides services for us by doing all the yard work , pays a portion of the cost for food etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Does your daughter have any legal interest in the home?