How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101027
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been subjected to a lot of things such

Customer Question

I have been subjected to a lot of things such as:vandalism,harassment,character assassination for about 8 years.I moved to another place to get away,but still the issues
is not going away.This person whom I had misunderstanding,has a high profile and I feel the bias in my community.What I do?Thank You
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

There are two options that I see.

The first is to call the police about the vandalism as that is a criminal offence.

The second is to retain a lawyer and have the lawyer send the person a letter demanding they cease and desist, provide a written retraction about the statements made, provide a written apology and threaten a lawsuit for significant damages. Then if that doesn't work your next step would be to sue them for damages.

I hope that helps as a starting point.