How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100033
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is i am been sue in the usa can the touch my

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** am been sue in the usa can the touch my property canada
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, they can.

If there is a judgment in the US it can be registered with the Court in Canada and then enforced just as if the judgment had been rendered in Canada.

I am sorry to have to give you this answer.

Related Canada Law Questions