How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99979
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam syrian and live and work in Dubai But my contract was

Customer Question

Iam syrian and live and work in Dubai
But my contract was ended and I have a valid visa to Canada Can I come and and apply for asylum
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.


You can apply for refugee status at the border or once you are within Canada.

With the visa you should be able to get to the border.

Then you can tell the officer at the border that you have the visa but wish to declare refugee status.

Related Canada Law Questions