How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99987
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have sworn statement but I need a witness to sign the

Customer Question

Have sworn statement but I need a witness to sign the document.
Had the gentleman sign the document. I really can find a or wish to sign this sworn affidavit.
What are my options.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

There are some typos in your post. Can you please rewrite it so that I can understand the facts and your specific question?

Also please let me know your province.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been working on a document that I am requiring a person to backup his statement.His impact statement is to help prove that blacklisting occurs from a individual job.I am in the need of a witness to back up that this was the person that signed the document.Now I can not find another person to put there signature to this to his due to the nature of the business and of repercussions they are feeling that occur to them.How do I resolve this matterThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You would subpoena the to court for the trial and they would not have any choice but would need to show up. A bench warrant would be issued for their arrest if they did not.

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is my only option
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

There is no way to force anyone to swear an affidavit unfortunately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can take him to a lawyer office and have the law firm stamp and sign it
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes if he agrees.

You can get any commissioner of oaths to swear it. It could be an articling student, a paralegal, a notary etc.

You can also get a clerk at the courthouse office to swear it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks
or find any Joe to just sign this document that does not work in this industry.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you mean but for someone to have a persuasive affidavit the person who is making the statement has to know the facts.