How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100408
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a couple is separated, one spouse not living in the

Customer Question

If a couple is separated, one spouse not living in the marital home but, in an appartment. Do they have to legally change their drivers license in Ontario, even if their name is ***** ***** the mortgage of the marital home.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

A driver's licence has nothing to do with where one is on title to the home or where one has a mortgage.

The driver's licence is supposed to reflect your principal or primary residence.

Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that being said, for the spouse that has moved out, legally they should change their license address to the apartment they have moved in to?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Once they are sure that this their new principal residence they should change the address.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** I have what I need for now. Have a good evening!
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

You too!

Related Canada Law Questions