Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have a similar question about my "neighbours" owning the

Customer Question

Hi I am Louise I have a similar question about my "neighbours" owning the driveway. As the land is owned by the developer and where the the driveway would be I can't access my property. Does the present owner of the easement have to prep the area so I can get my builders in or do I have to wait until an actual driveway is put in?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My driveway is an easement on another lot and at this time it is undelveloped and I cannot access my lot. Do I have any rights to prep this easement so that building equipment can access my lot?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $39 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

If you have an easement over the property the property has to be in a condition where you can use the easement. That obligation of the property owner. Does that answer your question?