How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2016
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Incase I was working as a live- in caregiver and my work

Customer Question

Incase I was working as a live- in caregiver and my work permit expired ,no status and my employer did not pay me my salary. How can I be helped? Also I wanted to apply for permanent residence
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Just so I understand, the pay that you are owed, is this from a period where you were not authorized to work in Canada?

Also, are you presently in Canada unlawfully then, without any valid permit? Or do you have another form of Visa that allows you to be in Canada, just not working.

Also, where is "home" for you?

I look forward to hearing from you.


Related Canada Law Questions