How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101436
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am doing some research family member who has a problem in

Customer Question

I am doing some research for a family member who has a problem in his community, where there is a proposed sewage pump planned right next to his property. There is no gain for the homeowners, as they are not in the municipal jurisdiction, but the pump will be in an area which is very green and environmental, and all of the houses have wells. The concern is that the wells will dry up, and that area is not on the water system. Also, there is concern for the value of their homes. The problem is on Vancouver Island, so I am wondering what you might recommend for the homeowners to get some help to fight city hall.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

There are two potential routes.

The first is to have a number owners contact their elected municipal counselor and seek their assistance.

The second is to retain a lawyer that specializes in municipal law and have the lawyer take this on and threaten a lawsuit. The more owners come together the cheaper the legal fees will be and the more powerful they will become.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.