How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99978
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Over the past weekend I inquired of one of your attorneys if

Customer Question

Over the past weekend I inquired of one of your attorneys if it was possible to reactivate the Landed Immigrant Status I gained in June 1973. His answer was no. I spoke to my son,who was born in Quebec and who now lives in Ontario. He agreed to sponsor me if that became necessary. After doing some research on line he told me that, from what he had learned He was unsure whether or not he would be eligible to sponsor me because I had lived in Canada with Landed Immigrant Status between 1973 until 1997.I have yet to find an answer to that question. at the end of my chat, the attorney with whom I was speaking told me that I would be able to contact him if I had any further questions. I do not recall his name, but my name is***** and I believe that he had created a file with the name REZNICEK. You should have no trouble finding my file as I doubt that there are too many Rezniceks in your files.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I believe I assisted you. I cannot see any reason why your son could not sponsor you. There's no law that says he cannot. And as he is your son he can easily do so.

Related Canada Law Questions