How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100501
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Name is ***** ***** from Quebec, and I'd like to sue

Customer Question

My Name is ***** ***** from Quebec, and I'd like to sue someone residing in Alberta for defamation...Your thoughts..Is an agent enough or do I have to find a laywer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Basically, there was a lie printed on a public website in a solemn declaration printed with the judgement rendered by the QUebec civil court...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $39 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You cannot have an agent sue for you.

If you want to sue you will need to retain a lawyer.

But your first step, or the first step of a lawyer, is to send them a letter demanding a retraction and apology and threatening a lawsuit.

Then if they won't do the retraction and apology you would sue.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Related Canada Law Questions