How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99930
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am just trying to figure things out. I was off and refused

Customer Question

I am just trying to figure things out. I was laid off and refused to sign the release as I did not agree with the severance. I send a letter with what I thought would be fair and requested a reply. Now a lawyer representing the company has contacted me and stated they will not respond to the letter till I have provided contact info for my legal council. I don't want to get legal council till I see what they (the company) has to say about my letter. Can I ask them to respond directly to me for now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can say that at this point in time you are self-representing but if you need to sue for wrongful dismissal you may then retain counsel.

And you can provide a deadline for replying to you and state that if they do not meet the deadline you will commence a lawsuit.

Related Canada Law Questions