How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am recently going through a domestic assult charge, I

Customer Question

I am recently going through a domestic assult charge, I being the accused. I've pled not guilty with trial in early May. My question is: Can a sue my ex-partner for slander and defamation of character? If so when do I do this?
Not only with the assult charge on him he now has reported that I was abusing his children in the time we were together. I am 5 months pregnant with another person right now so with this new charge stating Ive abused children M.C.F.D has assinged a social worker to investigate before Ive even given birth to my 1st child.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying he has lied about the abuse to both the police and MCFD or just to the police who called MCFD?