How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101424
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

May I have Legal Ease again if possible, please. I co-own a

Customer Question

May I have Legal Ease again if possible, please.I co-own a home with a friend in Windsor Ontario. We are joint owners. I do not live there. She lives there only part-time. Finally she has proposed to buy me out.In the lawyers proposal, it asks if I will agree to pay for half the appraisal for the house and then once a figure has been obtained, half the equity would go to me. I would like to send back the agreement, however, I would like to add additional items of my own, ie. I agree to this with these additions:that we split the costs of removing my name from the mortgage (which is far cheaper), but I will not agree to pay half if she chooses instead to close,and a new mortgage is sought (expensive)Can you tell me how to word that I wish to add to their request, in my response, please, so that it sounds professional.Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can just send back her proposal with amendments or else send back a counter-proposal. You can say you agree with ...... so long as your additional requirements are agreed to as well and then set them out.

Is that what you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That helps
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

If you feel we are done for now then please rate me so that I can get credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.