How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99980
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had been stopped by police while driving and charged with

Customer Question

I had been stopped by police while driving and charged with a DUI. My record shows that I was also suspended from driving for 24hrs as well as 90days after the fact for refusing to give a sample.
I had fought the charge and won my case. The crown had no case and it was subsequently thrown out of court.
I noticed on my Drivers abstract that the suspensions were on my record.
If I wasn't convicted of the charge, then how can they leave the suspensions on my record?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The suspensions were administrative suspensions imposed by the province and not under the Criminal Code.

If you did not appeal the suspensions when you received them then they are valid and would appear on your driver's record.

Related Canada Law Questions