How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2016
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

First and foremost I must tell that this inquiry has to do

Customer Question

hello , first and foremost I must tell that this inquiry has to do with WSIB and my injuries . my ultimate objective would be to receive financial compensation as most of my injuries have been have already been accepted as proven permanent lifetime impairments , I got a settlement in 2001( not exactly sure at the moment )from the original accident of Oct 30 1996 , this was a complicated situation where 3 people were killed in a MVA . this accident and its subsequent course of events involves , the Niagara regional police , the regional municipality of Niagara ( my employer ) the WSIB ,involving denial of treatment , mental distress and psychological torture , discrimination , employer abuse ,intentional lies and deception , cover ups and defamation of character , ...... if you are interested in more detail and looking for the chance to undo a great injustice I would appreciate the opportunity to explain more of my claim , .......... my PTSD issue has fallen on deaf ears and no one at any level wants to acknowledge the abuse and suffering I have endured for 19 yrs , ... when the officer who sat in his car protecting an intersection of a fallen stop sign left the scene the three people in the car that entered the path of my dump truck were killed instantly on impact before I rolled the dump truck while I tried to avoid the collision only to be sent to a phony Dr. for treatment until my time frame of a lawsuit elapsed and my injuries became permanent only to have my employer try and fire me every time I questioned or asked any questions in regards ***** ***** police actions . I was unable receive proper treatment in fear of my job upon till the retirement of the transportation director and now after filing for compensation as per my entitled re-assessments ( which could have been yearly and had not ever been allowed ) 19 yrs later the decision were denied , I provided all medical documents , took all treatment , cooperated to the fullest with all requests , signed the release of any and all information regarding my health and the claim . only to be talked down too , avoided and shuffled amongst case managers , I was informed I can appeal to which brings me to you , the case and claim has so much more it becomes unbelievable , I have all medical documents and as much information as I have been able to retain , MRI results of 2015 clear show the mass deterioration of the vertebrae in my neck , the PTSD was evaluated 3 weeks ago to which the WSIB case manager was aware of and waiting for the report only to make a decision without getting it , he had told me everything was based on this report and his delay in the decision was do to waiting on this report , its complicated please help I am financially strapped which is why your advertisement invited my request for help . FYI , I have worked at the Niagara region for 28 yrs , and still try to go to work and do my job to the best of my abilities , many people can confirm this info,, I cannot and will not tolerate being treated in this manner anymore so if you can , please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I am so sorry to hear of all that you've been through. I can appreciate the predicament you are in and that hiring a lawyer can be a costly venture, however if you have a promising case, you could find a lawyer to take it on a contingency basis, which means that they take a percentage of the award, so you don't pay up front.

Here as Experts at Just Answer, we are tapped for our sound knowledge of the law and research abilities, to provide legal information to Just Answer's customers. We cannot however, form a solicitor-client relationship herein and as such cannot act for you on your matter.

I would suggest that you try your local lawyers or contact the Law Society Referral Service, as they can put you in contact with a local lawyer chosen for your matter, who will provide a free consultation. They will provide you with several lawyers to meet with to find the one who's right for you.

I truly wish you all the best with this matter and can only hope that somehow, things improve for you.



Related Canada Law Questions