I purchased my new 2014 Chevrolet in Aug 2015. On Jan 27…

Customer Question
I purchased my new 2014...
I purchased my new 2014 Chevrolet in Aug 2015. On Jan 27 2016 while my car was parked on the street in front on my house was damaged by another vehicle. I would like to know if there is a recourse for the depreciated value if my vehicle. The cost for the repairs were over $3000.00.
I would like to also claim for the lose of use of the convenience of my vehicle which has On Star and all the convenience.
I want to know if I can claim for this.
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
2/29/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

What province is this please?

What type of insurance coverage do you have? Do you have replacement value insurance coverage

Province is British Columbia and they have replaced with new parts. The total cost for repairs is $12,000.
British Columbia and the parts all had to be replaced with new ones. The total cost for repairs $12,000..

But does your insurance cover replacement cost for the entire vehicle?