How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the executor of my mothers estate, everything is

Customer Question

I am the executor of my mothers estate, everything is settled except for the rural property in Ontario. It is two parcels of land but one role number for taxes, it is spelled out in the will that one parcel goes to me and the other parcel goes to my brother, how do I go about dividing this property so my brother and I can get it transferred from the estate to our names
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that each of these two properties has a completely different legal description?

Did your mother hold both of these properties in her name alone?

Related Canada Law Questions