How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeking legal counsel civil matter regarding a

Customer Question

Good afternoon
I am seeking legal counsel for a civil matter regarding a governance dispute and possible defamation suit. I would like to pursue litigation or in the least gain assisted letter to stop further proceeding on this matter.
I am a council member of a First Nation; letter of concern with no validity and gross allegations/accusations was emailed to the nation.
I am located in the treaty 8 territory, Alberta First Nation
Please contact(###) ###-####
Amanda G.
I thank you in advance in your consideration and look forward to reply.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I can provide you with legal information. That means I can explain the law if you have questions about it and I could also talk to you about what you can put in the letter. However, I cannot review the letter or draft itbfor you. We are not permitted to practice law online and therefore we cannot assist in the actual drafting of documentation.

Should I go ahead? And if so, what is your specific question to start us off.

Related Canada Law Questions