How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99961
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I left my leased building prior to the end of the lease as

Customer Question

i left my leased building prior to the end of the lease as the economy has taken a turn for the worse and i couldn't continue to pay the rent. I am required to file a statement of defence. They filed the court documents as(###) ###-####Alberta Ltd. and our names personally. We are(###) ###-####Alberta Inc. as well as they stated that we reside in an incorrect city. Is there any way for us to say that we are not responsible based on this incorrect data that is filed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

No there is not.

You can deny you are this entity and provide the proper name but these typos in the claim do not get you out of owing the money. They will simply be able to amend the document.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Related Canada Law Questions