I left my leased building prior to the end of the lease as…

Customer Question
i left my leased building...
i left my leased building prior to the end of the lease as the economy has taken a turn for the worse and i couldn't continue to pay the rent. I am required to file a statement of defence. They filed the court documents as(###) ###-####Alberta Ltd. and our names personally. We are(###) ###-####Alberta Inc. as well as they stated that we reside in an incorrect city. Is there any way for us to say that we are not responsible based on this incorrect data that is filed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/25/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

No there is not.

You can deny you are this entity and provide the proper name but these typos in the claim do not get you out of owing the money. They will simply be able to amend the document.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.