How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has an invisible disability and was denied

Customer Question

My daughter has an invisible disability and was denied access to academic accommodations for school - despite having all documentation in place. We have a meeting for conciliation coming up with Alberta Human Rights and the school division's lawyers. Should we have legal representation as well?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is likely best that you retain counsel though it is not mandatory.

You should only consider retaining a lawyer that specializes in disability rights law. Don't retain a civil litigation lawyer as that lawyer will not be able to help as much.

Does that answer your question?