Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Started working promotions HVAC company from october 2015,

Customer Question

Started working promotions for a HVAC company from october 2015, approx 25 hrs per week in a Big Box company. December 2015 / January 2016 were very slow for traffic within these stores,thus leads very not as much as the previous months.The owner text me to take off the last week of January as I had not got any leads and he was thinking it over to decide whether to continue or not.
I have not heard from him since and checking with the office found that he is out of the country. In the meantime I have heard that someone new was seen manning my station.
Do I have any recourse here?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a fixed term contract? If so, what does the contract say that early termination?

Are you saying you don't even understand if you are supposed to go back to work or not?