How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101400
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone has written some bad stuff about me on te internet

Customer Question

Someone has written some bad stuff about me on te internet which is not true, I need google to remove it and I need to get a injunction done for the time being to get this removed till I can get an order. How do I do it and what is the process of doing it including forms etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

It is not possible to teach a layperson how to apply for an injunction online.

If you want me to suggest some different ways of dealing with this I can do that. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the different way of dealing with this?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What you would do is send a letter by Registered Mail to google and demand that they delete this libelous material and threaten a lawsuit if they will not.

If they do not you are going to be stuck as you cannot possibly seek an injunction against such a large US company on your own and in fact would need a US lawyer to do so.

Then your next step would be to send a letter by Registered Mail to the person who is lying and demand they cease and desist, provide you with a formal retraction and apology, both in writing and again threaten a lawsuit.

If this person is in your city it is possible for you to sue them for damages to your reputation.

Or better still, if possible, pay a lawyer in your city to send these two letters.

Does that help?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back from you yet. Do you have any follow-up questions for me?