Someone has written some bad stuff about me on te internet…

Customer Question
Someone has written some bad...
Someone has written some bad stuff about me on te internet which is not true, I need google to remove it and I need to get a injunction done for the time being to get this removed till I can get an order. How do I do it and what is the process of doing it including forms etc.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
2/18/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

It is not possible to teach a layperson how to apply for an injunction online.

If you want me to suggest some different ways of dealing with this I can do that. Let me know.

what is the different way of dealing with this?

What you would do is send a letter by Registered Mail to google and demand that they delete this libelous material and threaten a lawsuit if they will not.

If they do not you are going to be stuck as you cannot possibly seek an injunction against such a large US company on your own and in fact would need a US lawyer to do so.

Then your next step would be to send a letter by Registered Mail to the person who is lying and demand they cease and desist, provide you with a formal retraction and apology, both in writing and again threaten a lawsuit.

If this person is in your city it is possible for you to sue them for damages to your reputation.

Or better still, if possible, pay a lawyer in your city to send these two letters.

Does that help?

I have not heard back from you yet. Do you have any follow-up questions for me?