, it concerns an employment situation. my father was…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is Simona.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It concerns an employment situation. my father was suspended without pay pending investigation without any written notice a week later he was called in handed a temporary lay off notice.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/18/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Is your father in a union?

No as he is a supervisor

What province is this please?

Are you saying this is supposed to be a disciplinary measure on their part so he is now suspended without pay or are they saying he is temporarily laid off and will be recalled at some point?

During this "layoff" is your father receiving benefits of any sort from the employer?

Ontario. Yes it was a disciplinary measure he refused to hand in credentials to security as contactually obligated so can no longer work as credentials confiscated. He was suspended fr 1 week without pay pending investigation then placed in temporary layoff with employer promise to attempt situation redress or alternate employment. No benefits from employer other than ROE to aply for EI and owed vacation pay.

So are you saying that he is not able to provide the required proof of credentials so they cannot let him keep his position and they said they would give him another position when they can?

And about those credentials, is he not qualified and if he is why won't he prove this?

Did he need these credentials when he was hired? How long has he worked for them for?

Thank you for attempting to assist however this is a complicated scenario and as per your response my rendition of the events has not been properly understood. The process is time consuming and I require immediate assistance so this is not suitable for me.
Regards,
Simona

OK